- Wiggles and Giggles Centre is a privately owned, long day care centre.
- The centre is designed with three separate classrooms and associated play areas. The play areas are set away from the street and are separated according to age.
- The Centre is open 51 weeks a year, closing only on public holidays and weekends and operating from 7.00am to 6.00pm.
- The centre is licensed for 46 children aged between six weeks and six years with one room catering for 0-2 years another for 2-3 years and the other catering for children aged 3 years to 6years.
- Our on-site parking facilities allows you to drop off and pick up your child with ease and in safety
- Enrolment is in accordance with Government priorities and places are filled from the centre’s waiting list file.
- We recognise the importance of strong, long-term relationships between our staff, parents and children
- Our team of trained and experienced staff are carefully screened and selected
- We aim to recruit staff that really enjoy what they do and intend childcare for a career
- We offer our team ongoing professional and personal development plans
At Wiggles and Giggles Child Care Centre we aim to:
- Provide a safe, happy and nurturing environment in which children are able to develop emotionally, socially, intellectually and physically
- Provide a school readiness program that ensures children transition to school with confidence, self-esteem and lots of friends
- Provide an environment where children are encouraged to accept diversity and learn from those around them.
- Provide an environment where families play an important role in their child’s learning.
Our programs are based on Play, discovery and exploration.
- Offer age appropriate activities
- Are based on children’s interests
- Extend on children’s skills
- Reflect a variety of cultures
- Encourage family involvement
- Reflect a variety of small group, large group and individual activities
Through play the children are learning skills in the following areas:
- Science and Environmental
- Arts and Drama
- Computer Technology
- Health and Safety
Ø A variety of incursions and excursions are provided to compliment and extend the children’s learning
Ø The use of the community and its members such as fire brigade, dentist and police are incorporated into the children’s program